Fiber & Transport
- Bi-directional transport of one HD-SDI or four SD/ASI signals plus Ethernet on a single card.
- 1.485GB/s, HD-SDI-compliant link rate allows use of economical HD-SDI transport services for also transporting Ethernet and SD/ASI.
- Link may be coaxial or optical when fitted with optional SFP optical modules (see ordering options).
- Ethernet transport connection may be RJ45 or optical when fitted with optional SFP optical modules (see ordering options).
- FBM (Flexible Bandwidth Management) controls Ethernet port data rate with respect to presence or absence of applied input video. 1.485GB/s transport link, min 30MB/s Ethernet available with one input HD-SDI applied.
- Signal transport uninterrupted by the application/loss of input signals.
- Automatic coaxial input equalization up to 100m at 1.485GB/s and 250m at 270MB/s (Belden 1694)
- Fully hot-swappable from front of frame.
- Optical output wavelengths of 1310nm, 1550nm, and up to sixteen CWDM wavelengths (ITU-T G.694.2 compliant)
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring via SNMP (using VistaLINK® PRO) when installed in 7800FR frame with a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller.
- Occupies two card slots and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, or the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity.
- 3405 series SFP's are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI and 3G digital video signals, as well as other signal rates up to 3 Gig on non-reclocked versions (e.g. MADI). The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time. 16 CWDM wavelengths are also available, which when combined with Evertz CWDM products allow up to 16 signals to be multiplexed on to a single fiber, greatly conserving fiber usage.
- High density - up to 32 conversions in 1RU.
- Any combination of 3405SFP types may be installed in any slots, incluBNCg optical transmit, receive, regenerator and electrical distribution amplifiers.
- All active components are hot-swappable.
- SFP modules can be hot-swapped without de-cabling coaxial connections.
- Accommodates single or dual redundant frame controllers.
- Accommodates redundant power supplies.
- Comprehensive signal and SFP status monitoring remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK® when frame controller(s) are installed
- Power options include discrete external supplies, or the 3405PS-6 which may be used to power up to six 3405FR units with redundancy.
- Optional integrated CWDM module does not require additional rack space and may be used to condense up to 32 signals on to two fiber strands.